It's time again for our Annual Summer Sidewalk Sale! Stop by Friday June 1 or Saturday June 2 and you will find amazing CLEARANCE prices on Jewelry, Shoes, Bridesmaid dresses, Sun dresses, Cocktail dresses, Everyday dresses, Prom dresses, Temple Dresses, Formal Gowns, Mother-of-the-Bride/Groom attire, and skirts. You don't want to miss this event!!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
On September 2, 2011 Natalie Gunn and Alex Coffman were wed at Millcreek Inn. It was a beautiful and elegant ceremony.
Their journey began several years ago with a Myspace message. Natalie saw Alex's photo on a friends page, gathered all of her courage, and sent him a message. "I guess he thought I was cute, or at least liked the song I had on my profile, and he wrote me back."
Natalie and Alex spent their first date making a photo montage of all of the things they liked on a vintage Sonny and Cher record "Good Times". A few years later Alex framed the record and gave it to Natalie for her birthday. So sweet and romantic!
On Valentines Day Natalie surprised Alex with Utah Jazz Basketball tickets. Right as they were preparing to leave Natalie suddenly felt sick. Alex refused to go the game without her and spent the evening taking care of her. That evening they shared their first kiss and Natalie knew she was playing for keeps.
Natalie spent a long time searching for a dress and eventually found a very romantic and playful gown from Mori Lee. The ruched bodice, natural waist, and textured organza skirt made Natalie fall in love...again! "It is EVERYTHING I wanted, down to the little crystals inside the flowers on the dress."
Like many brides from The Perfect Dress Natalie wanted to add her own unique touch to her gown. She had a great experience with her seamstress. "She was so friendly and understood what I was wanting almost better than I did! I was having a difficult time explaining how I pictured my bolero, and she made it perfect. PERFECT!"
Natalie's dress inspired the plans for the entire wedding. She had the cake made to match the texture of her skirt...
The centerpieces were designed to be light and feathery to mimic the lightness and flow of the gown...
And the bridesmaids were dressed in white to compliment the brides light Ivory gown...
Natalie has some very cute advice for future brides:
"Find a dress that is so amazing and fits you so well that you want to do EVERYTHING in it! Even eat Pizza! Basically find the dress that you never want to take off, the dress that makes you so excited to put it on again, the dress that makes you feel giddy!"
Posted by The Perfect Dress at 4:11 PM
Friday, May 11, 2012
You won't want to miss this!!!! If you or someone you know hasn't found their Perfect prom dress yet then now is the time. We just marked down tons of beautiful prom gowns! Since we specialize in alterations we can add straps to gowns, change length, and even alter the fit. This is all just a part of our 5 star prom service. Take a look at some of our incredible gowns:
We hope to see you soon!!!
Posted by The Perfect Dress at 3:11 PM
Kelsey Dawes and Eric Garner were married July 29, 2011 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple and celebrated with a reception at Cactus and Tropicals.
Kelsey met Eric while working at The Store. He worked in the produce section and she was a checker. Eric was no fool, and would happily wait to go through Kelsey's line rather than go through another line, even if another checker was available. Eric wanted Kelsey to "check" him out.
On their first date they went to the movies and saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. "I was a little nervous because I was a huge Harry Potter fan so I didn't want to seem like a total nerd." Turns out Eric loves Harry Potter just as much as her so their date was a blast! It was so great, later that night they shared their first kiss. It was magical!
On their fourth date, at a steakhouse, when Eric and Kelsey ordered the exact same dinner they realized "Oh my gosh, I have found my soul mate!" They were so into each other and had so many things in common that it was all too perfect for words.
Eric proposed to Kelsey on a pristine beach in San Diego...
...under the glow of fireworks.
Now it was time for Kelsey to find her dress. The Perfect Dress was her first stop and after trying on many gowns her mother dared her to try on the Maggie Sottero gown Gracie.
With cascading asymetrical ruffles and a fitted rouched bodice she thought it looked fun and exciting. Kelsey tried it on and the moment she saw it in the mirror her jaw dropped. Her mother was so taken with it that she was absolutely speechless.
Kelsey tried on quite a few more dresses but everything was compared the the Gracie. She knew it was perfect for her. When she purchased the gown it was strapless and Kelsey needed a sleeve. Her bridal consultant ordered extra fabric from the designer and set her up with one of our talented seamstresses. She made Kelsey's vision of her dress with a couture bolero come to life.
Kelsey's dress was a smashing success. Her photographer loved the dress so much that it quickly became her favorite to photograph.
Kelsey will never forget the moment when she walked out of the temple and her husband saw her in her dress for the first time. He was absolutely motionless and just stared with a look of complete admiration. "I felt like I was the prettiest girl in the world and that I was the only person around."
Another memorable moment for Kelsey was when her grandmother saw her in the dress and was so moved that tears just streamed down her face. The reactions she got from everyone were just incredible.
Kelsey ended up with a dress that was entirely different than what she had planned. Her advice is to try things that you wouldn't normally gravitate towards, and come to the The Perfect Dress because they have such a wide range of options. "No one had the variety that The Perfect Dress had!"
Photography by: Aria Bethards
Cake by: Cakes de Fleur
Wedding gown and alterations: The Perfect Dress
Posted by The Perfect Dress at 11:37 AM
Friday, May 4, 2012
Every Bride wants that moment where the world stops turning and everyone holds their breath as she is presented in the most important dress she'll ever wear.
Here at The Perfect Dress we are ready to help you find the dress of your dreams. With trained and knowledgeable consultants our goal is to make your experience shopping for that dress as exciting and as stress free as possible. By taking note of the following guidelines your shopping experience will be even more successful.
- If you can, begin your search at least 6 months before your wedding. Dresses are made to order and by hand so they take 4 to 5 months before they are ready to be shipped. If you don't have that much time then don't fret, but be prepared to find a dress quickly. If you are lucky enough to find your dream dress in stock, or ready to ship early, you have to act quickly or risk the dress being sold to another willing bride.
- Call in advance to set up an appointment. We are happy to accept walk-ins, but a bridal appointment ensures one-on-one attention for the bride and guarantees her a fitting room to try on gowns.
- Limit the amount of friends or family that come along. The more opinions you have, the harder it is to please. Everyone has a different vision of the bride and the most important vision is yours. It's your dress and your day!
- Be honest with your consultant. Their job is to help you find the dress you love without the pressure of going over budget. Decide on a price range before you come in, and make sure you feel comfortable with it. Keep in mind that when looking for an all over lace gown they typically range from $1000 to $2000.
- Be forthright with your consultant about what you like and what you don't like. They are here to listen and guide you in the right direction. Also be open to their input. They know what will flatter your body type and skin tone.
- Be open minded. It is always great to have an idea of the dress you are searching for, however, a dress cannot be judged on the hanger. Some of the most beautiful gowns need to be showcased on a body.
- Consider the time and cost for alterations. Alterations can take 1 to 3 weeks depending on the gown and alterations being done, however, seamstresses get booked sometimes months in advance. The cost will vary depending on the nature of the work needed. At The Perfect Dress we offer exclusive in house alterations, allowing the bride to customize her gown and add personal touches.
Here is a beautiful before
And the gorgeous after
- There are thousands of beautiful gowns. Your job is to find one that makes you feel incredible. If the shape is flattering, the fabric appealing, the color compliments your skin tone, and your smile cannot be contained...You have found your dress!!!
- Once the dress has been found, don't try on another wedding dress. Stop looking, embrace your decision, and move onto the next step of planning your wedding.
Above all have fun! This is an exciting moment in your life that should be treasured. The consultants at The Perfect Dress are here to make your shopping experience a memorable one.
Posted by The Perfect Dress at 3:09 PM